Saturday, March 10, 2007

Another Opening, Another Show


They are going to have stop calling me "Mr. First Nighter" if I keep this up.
Yes, I missed the opening of DCIst Exposed show at the Warehouse Gallery last night (I was not the only one). I'm going to say that I needed to be even-handed here since I missed the opening of peeps-in-law Michael's gallery gala and because I happen to know Nicole keeps very close tabs on these things and that she knows how to text me. (My excuse with Mike? Raleigh is outside my range)

The important things are that:
  1. Samer was one of a very select few who were exposed, as it were;
  2. His photo, "Lady Bug (blue)" was purchased even before the show opened;
  3. A lot of people showed up even though there was only a cash bar
In an exclusive interview with peepsNet Samer says:
"It really was a fantastic night. The place was packed, and I didn't expect such a turn out. It was great to meet the other photographers (who I won't name, cause I have a leaky memory) and the DCist staff.

"I got compliments from tons of people, and it really was a joy just to sit back and watch people's reactions."
The show runs through March 16.

No comments: